Sunday, November 22, 2009

Riding Symone...

The gods of motorcycle are not with me... another rainy weekend :(
Couldn't take any photos these days, but I'll post more sometime soon...

Today I rode Symone, my Sym GST 125 Evo bike, (see my  previous post to understand the nickname) for 30 minutes or so.
I drove in the neighborhood and adventured my self a little further on to some busy roads.
Went to the riverside road where traffic was more intense (fear!!) and the drivers are less careful.
In the first semaphore I stopped behind a car, and stood there a few seconds and then I took a deep breath and thought to my self "I think I can fit there" in between the two cars... so slowly I went and pass through them and stood in first position on the semaphore.
Green light! Vrummmmm! Eat my dust suckers!
Amazing... the speed it gets and leaves all the cars behind.
I'm gonna love this in the busy roads on commuting days...
After that I went to a busy highway, always on the slow lane at 80km/h, and then home.

All went well... :)
Maybe tomorrow I'll risk it and try to go to work in my Symone..

2 comments:

  1. Well done Nuro.

    Nice scooter nickname and ... as we can see you are in the clouds ... :D

    Best of the luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NMC, Be careful of splitting lanes. You need to get the mindset that to the drivers in their "Cages" you're invisible! All it will take is for one car to change lanes while you're next to his door and it's time for "Slow walking and sad talking!" Gabe

    ReplyDelete