Monday, November 23, 2009

First day to work on Symone

Sunny Monday! This is a good day to start my new life style...
Laptop on my new slim backpack, jacket all tight up, helmet on... here we go!!
So, making a long story short, took me 16 minutes from home to work, which normally takes twice as much by car, and sometimes even more :)


Maybe in a near future I'll make even less time, but now I still ride like a turtle :)
At the end of the work day I took a different road home, a little more dangerous, with a lot of fasten cars running by... but there was a traffic jam and so I passed slowly through all of them :) nice!!!
Took another 16 minutes to get home. With that traffic most probably by car would take a minimum of 45 minutes...
My Symone rules!!!

4 comments:

  1. hi there nmc seen your blog about your sym gts evo 125 ,i,am buying 1 too should take a week or 2 to come, looks good and you have gave me alot of information about it ,which i didn,t know.
    i had a sym joyride 125 for 10 months but crashed it just before xmas ,hit ice. so now the insurance has settled i,m getting my new bike,hope i don,t hit ice again but i suppose living in sunny scotland the chance,s are highly likely just have to be more carefull anyway take care and happy rideing . john .... glasgow uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there john from glasgow.
    Sorry about your accident :(
    Here in Portugal there's not a lot of ice to be worried about... come and live here, it's sunny and warn almost all year :)
    Glad my simple blog could help, and thanks for the feedback...
    I hope you enjoy your Sym as I'm enjoying mine... kind regards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    One quick question.
    I ran out of oil today with my Symone :)
    The lamp turned red.
    I refilled the oil with 10w40 as I didnt find 10w30, which should be ok as I called the bike store.
    However, after I refilled the oil light stays lid red.
    Did you already ran out of oil and does it take some time for the red light to go out ?

    thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi... never run out of oil... :)

    My bikestore told me that at 3000kms the light would turn on but not to worry, simple to swith it off by pressing the reset button...

    They told me that they recommend to change oil at 6000kms since the oil should stay ok until then, and after that at 12000kms there's the big revision...

    I for the other hand will as for the revision and oil change at 4000kms, and then 8000kms to match the 12000kms.

    You should check the manual on page 8, to see the Oil Reset Key, it's the left upper one...

    Regards

    ReplyDelete